HOMECOMING 2017: Back in the mix, back on the bricks
Homecoming 2017 will take place on October 7, 2017, during the OHIO vs. Central Michigan football game. The Marching 110 Alumni Band will continue the tradition of performing in the Homecoming Parade and with the Marching 110 during halftime and postgame of the football game. This year, of course, is our 50th anniversary celebration of the "new" band, the 1967 Ohio University Marching Band, which set the foundation for what we know today as the Marching 110.
Go to https://www.ohio.edu/homecoming/ for the official OHIO Homecoming website.
Friday, October 6
- 5:15-6:45 PM - Marching 110 Rehearsal, Peden Stadium (Walter Field House if inclement weather). NO CREDENTIAL REQUIRED.
- Approx. 8:00 PM - Marching 110 Drumline "Uptown Tour"
Saturday, October 7
- Uniform for the day: Black, Green, White, or Gray shirt, OU or OUMB branding preferred.
- 9:00 AM - Parade line-up & staging. In new location (Parking Lot 152, see map on right. OU Credit Union is #117 on map.). Retrieve Instruments from 110 Storage Units (lot 143)by Pruitt Field by 9:30 AM. Parking has been made available to the Alumni Band members in Lot 109 until 30 minutes after parade step-off.
- 10:00 AM - Parade step-off; same route as last year. We plan to have options for those who cannot march in the parade but want to ride on a wagon.. Parade Route Map.
- 11:30 AM - Parade concludes; Dance rehearsal location is on the grass fields behind Peden. We will access this field via Walter Fieldhouse. Peden Stadium is NOT open to Alumni to watch the 110 rehearsal due to security.
- 12:00 PM - Rehearsal concludes; Tailgate Dinner in Aquatics Grove ($5 at the "door")
- 1:40 PM - Marching 110 Pregame Begins
- 2:05 PM - Kick-off, OHIO vs. Central Michigan. Alumni perform at halftime and post-game with current 110.
- 6:00 PM - Banquet social hour.
- 7:00 PM - Banquet begins.
- 9:00 PM - Banquet concludes.
It is important for all of our Marching 110 Alumni who intend to participate register for the weekend. This provides the 110 and athletics with an approximate number of individuals to plan accommodate for the tailgate meal, tickets for the game, and seats in the stadium.
Registration is now closed. This doesn't mean you can't come! However, all the "extra" 50th Anniversary items are now first-come-first served as supply permits and can be purchased at the Banquet.
The Alumni Band utilizes the Marching 110's practice instrument during the Homecoming Weekend. A $.01 fee is assessed though the system, so this system is mostly just to track the inventory. Quantities are limited, so it is recommended to reserve your instrument early! If you do not reserve an instrument, there will not be one there for you to use!
Instrumental reservations for Homecoming 2017 is now closed.
Once again this year, all Alumni Band members will be required to present a ticket at the gate for admission to Peden Stadium. These tickets are provided to participating Alumni by OHIO athletics, and will be distributed immediately following the rehearsal prior to the game.
If you would like to purchase tickets for the rest of your family, you can call the OHIO Ticket Office at (800) 575-2287, and tell them you are a member of the Alumni Band, and they will give you the Marching 110 discounted price for tickets for your family. You will NOT be given your free ticket with these purchased tickets, and will need to receive your free ticket the day of the game.
In honor of the original dance number done by the entire band, the 2017 halftime music selection is "Ain't Been Good." We will learn the original dance moves done in 1968 by the Marching Men of Ohio, as recalled by members of that band. We will have a video uploaded here soon with the dance steps!
Below is music for all the standards for all winds and percussion.