OHIO UNIVErsiTY MARCHING BAND : 2017 AUDITION INFORMATION
Below you will find all the information regarding auditioning for the 2017 edition of the Ohio University Marching Band. Please read all the information carefully, and make sure you complete the audition process completely. You will receive an audition confirmation e-mail upon completion of all the audition requirements.
NOTE: The audition process for percussionists differs from that of the winds. Percussion audition dates on campus at Ohio University are May 6th and May 13th, 2017. Click here for Percussion Audition Information.
THE AUDITION PROCESS
For all woodwind and brass players, the audition procedure is as follows:
- Complete your audition via YouTube, DVD, or in person
- Beginning June 1, 2017, acceptance letters will be mailed to outstanding audition submissions.
- Auditions are open and accepted until June 15, 2017.
- Training Week
- August 19-27, Required for all members
Please read and download the woodwind and brass music requirements listed below on this page, and then click the appropriate box at the bottom of the page to begin your audition process.
MUSIC REQUIREMENTS FOR WOODWINDS AND BRASS
Incoming students may audition for the Marching 110 via YouTube, DVD, or in person. The audition consists of the following provided criteria:
- 3 Major Scales (Concert C, F, & Bb, two-octaves optional)
- Required lyrical exercise
- Required technical exercise
- Required "Salvation is Created" example
- **Optional: Any other musical excerpt which demonstrates musicianship (Ex. All-State audition example, excerpt from state solo contest, etc.)
The music for each instrument can be downloaded here. We are continuing to use the same audition material as previous years.
- Alto Saxophone
- Tenor Saxophone
- Mellophone (in F)
- Baritone/Euphonium (Bass Clef)
- Baritone/Euphonium (Treble Clef)
Note: If you want to audition for more than one instrument, this process must be completed for each instrument. Contact the Marching 110 with any questions regarding auditioning on two instruments.
Contact the Marching 110 before submitting your audition!