OHIO UNIVErsiTY MARCHING BAND : 2018 AUDITION INFORMATION
Below you will find all the information regarding auditioning for the 2018 edition of the Ohio University Marching Band. Please read all the information carefully, and make sure you complete the audition process completely. You will receive an audition confirmation e-mail upon completion of all the audition requirements.
NOTE: The audition process for percussionists differs from that of the winds. Percussion audition dates on campus at Ohio University are May 5th and May 12th, 2018. Click here for Percussion Audition Information.
THE AUDITION PROCESS
For all woodwind and brass players, the audition procedure is as follows:
- Complete your audition via YouTube, DVD, or in person.
- Acceptance emails will be mailed to outstanding audition submissions. All acceptances will be emailed by July 1, 2018.
- Auditions are open and accepted until June 1, 2018.
- Training Week
- August 18-26, Required for all members
Please read and download the woodwind and brass music requirements listed below on this page, and then click the appropriate box at the bottom of the page to begin your audition process.
MUSIC REQUIREMENTS FOR WOODWINDS AND BRASS
Incoming students may audition for the Marching 110 via YouTube, DVD, or in person. The audition consists of the following provided criteria:
- Scales as indicated
- Required lyrical exercise
- Required technical exercise
- **Optional: Any other musical excerpt which demonstrates musicianship (Ex. All-State audition example, excerpt from state solo contest, etc.)
The music for each instrument can be downloaded here. You can complete the audition on your concert band instrument (for example, French Horn) or marching band instrument (mellophone).
- Alto and Tenor Saxophones
- Mellophone (in F)
- Baritone/Euphonium (Bass Clef)
- Baritone/Euphonium (Treble Clef)
Note: If you want to audition for more than one instrument, this process must be completed for each instrument. Contact the Marching 110 with any questions regarding auditioning on two instruments.
Contact the Marching 110 before submitting your audition!